Tips Tuesday: Promoting your manuscript online
It’s a little-known fact (outside the publishing industry, that is) that authors are more than just writers. They’re publicists and marketers, too! Submitting your manuscript to Swoon Reads is only the first step towards being selected for our next list. You should also be sharing work with the world!
Here are our top 5 tips for publicizing your YA Romance on social media:
- Tweet it, Tumble it, post it on Facebook! The first step is getting the word out there. Link to your manuscript on your favorite social network and ask you friends and followers to read, rate, and review! Better yet—post about it on multiple networks. The more you drive people to your manuscript, the more people will read, and the more ratings you’ll receive!
- Use a #hashtag or two! Tagging your post with relevant hashtags (#SwoonReads, #YALit, #YA, etc) will increase discoverability online. It’s also a great way to start conversations with other #yalit writers and make new social media BFFs.
- Tag @SwoonReads on Twitter and Tumblr! Don’t be shy, we love seeing you talk about your work! We’ll Re-Tweet and Reblog your posts to increase your reach.
- Share the love! Tweet @ other Swoon Reads authors and share the manuscripts that make you swoon! Swoon Reads is a community as well as a publishing program, and our rating system won’t work without people giving their honest feedback about the stories they love!
- Repeat, Repeat, Repeat! It’s not enough to post your manuscript once and call it quits. You’ll need to keep talking about Swoon Reads and sharing your link. Of course you don’t want to spam your friends, but everyone needs reminding that a swoonworthy read is just a click away…
- Questions? Do you have any questions, concerns, ideas on how to promote your Swoon Reads book but aren’t sure how to start? Sound off in the comments and we’ll do our best to answer your digital questions!
– Swoon Reads Digital Marketing Staff