Announcing Our New List: BRAVE and KINGFISHER AND CROW by Elisa A. Bonnin!
A lot has changed in the world since we last selected a book to publish, but all of the talented writers who submitted manuscripts for last season's cycle gave us plenty to read while we stay at home! We're excited to announce two new manuscripts that have been selected for publication. And in a Swoon Reads first, they're both by the same author!
Let's celebrate the newest member of the Swoon Reads family, and thank you, as always, for reading, commenting, sharing, and continuing to help us discover new and incredible talent.
Congratulations to our newest author, and welcome to the family!
Stay safe and healthy, everyone.
Here they are! Swoon Reads Season 19:
In a world on the brink of war, where beasts prowl the forest paths and warriors clad in special armor defend their settlements, two girls from opposing sides must find a way to make peace.
Why We Love It
• The worldbuilding! The world of Brave isn't quite like any other fantasy novel, and we loved how original and realistic it felt.
• This book has a Romeo and Juliet-style romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat as you wait to see whether this love story is really as doomed as it seems.
• Action galore—the battle scenes in Brave are kinetic and cool and just the right amount of bloody.
Twin thieves Kingfisher and Crow are the best in the business, but when a job leads them to try and retrieve a magical artifact that used to be in their mother's care, things begin to hit a little too close to home.
Why We Love It
• Major Six of Crows vibes—who doesn't love a good heist story?!
• A kickass main character. Arian's arc is complex and compelling and you just want to see her get what she deserves!
• The story moves along at the perfect pace—just fast enough to keep you interested but slow enough to let you really soak in the incredible details of the setting and character moments.
Congratulations, Elisa! And welcome to Swoon Reads!