1. I think everything looks better in coloured ink.
2. I am an art history junkie.
3. My first attempt at flirting with my now husband was to invite him to my creative writing group.
4. I work a 9 to 5 so I can scribble down novels on my lunch breaks.
5. I think all great stories are love stories at their core.
Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson, Two Princesses of Bamarre - Gail Carson Levine, The Blue Castle - L.M. Montgomery, The Silver Chair - C.S. Lewis, The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan, The Belgeriad - David Eddings, and Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen.
"Writing a novel is a tiny candle in a dark, swirling world. It brings light and warmth and hope to the lucky few who, against insufferable odds and despite a juggernaut of irritations, find themselves in the right place to hold it."